Have you ever met a pessimist that is open to new ideas? I haven’t. That’s what led me to reflect on the impact of optimism in the workplace this week. When I say optimism, I am not talking about “wishful thinking” but a personal choice to focus on the best possible outcome even after acknowledging the not so good. Either way, change is never easy.
I a am a leader for a company ranked in the Top 50 of the Fortune Magazine and as you can imagine, change is the norm! When “change is the only constant in life” is probably best that we learn how to embrace it and what better way than cultivating an optimistic outlook.
According to Inc Magazine, many of the issues business leaders struggle with, including personal – professional balance, get easier when we approach them with optimism. Personally, I believe it so I am extending the right to each one of you to call me out on it if I ever sound like a Debbie Downer!
Click here for the link to the Forbes article that inspired me to write this note in the spirit of self-development. In summary:
- Optimists start businesses. They see opportunity when others see uncertainty!
- Optimists are inspiring communicators. They are often very charismatic.
- Optimists rally people to a better future. They are always excited about it!
- Optimists see the big picture. They see beyond their most recent experience.
- Optimists elicit super human effort. Who doesn’t like a super hero reference!?
I hope you enjoy the article and feel free to email me directly if you have topics that you would like to learn more about.
Until next time!