So here is the thing about goals…LIFE HAPPENS and more often than not we need to learn how to be gentle with ourselves so we are motivated to pick up where we left and move forward. With that said, I’m going to need to revisit my June goals and evaluate what still needs to be done…that’s why this is my catch up month ;). Below are the goals that I posted last month. I am really committed to do better in July…let’s do it!
- Read “How Women Rise” by Sally Helgesen & Marshal Goldsmith. I really want to read this book in July so let’s keep this one.
Network with at least 3 people at my job that can guide me in professional advancement interests.Done! Inspire and engage my team by generating weekly material regarding development.Done! I will continue to do this but no need to document here anymore.
Health & Fitness:
- Log at least 45 miles. That would be an improvement when compared to May (39 miles)
- Yoga once a week
- Daily calorie count in the sprit of being self aware
- Try three new healthy recipes
Clean up MINT app so that I can properly track expenses Revisit 401K contributions. 401K contributions are maxed out for the rest of the year…so happy that I am back on track after going through the home purchase.
- Make a budget I can stick to for the rest of the year.
- Plan a budget-friendly trip
- Meditate at least three times a week for 15 minutes
- Spend time with the Lord every morning
- Finish lesson 3 & 4 of Proverbs Bible study
- Visit grandma every weekend
Make dad’s feel special on Father’s Day!Had a beautiful day with my uncle and reached out to many dad’s. Attend my best friend’s kids birthday parties
- Reach out to two close friends that I have lost contact with recently
Invite Nancy and Dana to see my new house
- Be able to play Wayfaring Stranger in the piano
- Improve blogging skills by posting 3 times a week
- Finish photography lesson..
I’m really looking forward to July and making some of these happen, wish me luck! What about you? Do you set up goals for yourself on a regular basis? Are you gentle with yourself when you don’t? I hope you are!
Looking forward to your comments and until next time!